NB: A continuation from Antichrist Reign
Antiochus Epiphanes is a prototype of the Antichrist and from him we get the characteristics of the Antichrist.
From Daniel 11:36 on-wards, Angel Gabriel presents Daniel with the Antichrist character. We will also see Antichrist character as painted by Daniel from the entire Book of Daniel.
Characteristics of the Antichrist
Antichrist Character as painted in the Bible
- Have power but not his own. He will be powered by the devil. And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power Dan 8:28. Apostle Paul says, Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders 2Th 2:9.
- Be vile: – Dan 11:21 …shall stand up a vile person… As Antiochus was vile so Antichrist will be.
- Deception, cunning, and treachery were Antiochus Epiphanes trademark and, so, the Antichrist. Dan 11:21…he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
- Willful: – And the king shall do according to his will Dan 11:36. A willful king imposing his will on the Jews was Antiochus Epiphanes and so the Antichrist will be a willful king imposing his will, not only on Jews, but the entire world
- Be a god: – And he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god. Antichrist will be a god worshiping himself.
- Be a Jew: – Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers.
- Be homosexual: – Dan 11: 37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women.
- Fierce: – Antiochus Epiphanes was known for his cruel brutality; this will also become the legacy of the coming Antichrist. A king of fierce countenance Dan 8:23.
- A powerful orator who will deceive the world
- Understand and practice dark secrets; occultism, witchcraft, Illuminati, Freemasonry, New age or New Order, Kabbalism and Gnosticism etc.
From Antichrist character let’s see who is the Antichrist.