The Law has serious effects and shortcomings which law obedient believers do not know or are ignorant of.
If you are under the law, struggling and fighting to keep the law, boasting and proving your Christianity to fellow-men through the works of the law, truth be said; you are neither a Christian nor an heir of the heavenly kingdom.
Effects and shortcomings of the law
- Brings a curse. Gal 3:10 for all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse… (Deuteronomy 27:26)
- Brings death; it is a killer. 2 Cor. 3:6 …for the written code kills. Rom. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died
- Brings condemnation. 2 Cor. 3:9 …dispensation of condemnation (dispensation of the law).
- Makes offenses abound. Rom 5:20: Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.
- Declares all men guilty. Rom. 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. By faith we are righteous.
- Holds man bondage to sin and death; slavery (captive). Gal 4:9 how can you turn back again to the weak and beggarly elements, whose slaves you want to be once more? The law lead only to death not to life. Jesus Christ is the life only found by grace through faith.
The laws are like a chain, if you break one part, the entire chain breaks.
Jas 2:10: For whoever will keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Whoever keeps the law shall be judged by the same law s/he keeps but whoever lives by grace is righteous through faith (no judgment but crowning). Rom: 2:12: and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.
People always want to measure and prove their spirituality with the law or with other people. The standards we put as a measure of our relationship with God are far more wanting.
The bible is true in saying that, ‘no one is righteous, no, no one’ and ‘no one understands and no one seeks God’ (Rom 3:10-11).
If you measure your spirituality with other people, stop now because there is no man who seeks God but through His grace and mercy, He seeks us day and night.
Only compare/measure yourself with God.
If you keep, struggling to do the works of the law, proving your Christianity before people and God by keeping the law instead of living under grace, you are not a christian.
Jesus gave His life to save us by destroying the law on the cross.
All the effects and shortcoming of the law were placed on Him and He accepted the blame because He had me and you in His mind.
Because of the law He was cursed, condemned, made a slave and guilty even though He had no sin. Died on the cross for you and me to be saved from the law.
He crushed and abolished all laws on the cross and proved it by crying loud ‘it is finished‘. The law killed Him but He overcome the law and in the third day He resurrected from the dead, victorious over the law.
Why then do you want to go back to the law? Why do you want the law to kill you and yet you are just a man with no power over the law?
Wake up before it is too late and come to Grace; Jesus Christ.
From the law effects and shortcomings, lets look at the explanation of the Ten commandments