This is a straight continuation from the article; honor your father and mother Part-4. If you have not read that article, please go read it first.
The land God gives in honor your father and your mother
Remember that the world was created by God but given out to Satan to rule. God does not give His own a land ruled by Satan (prince of this world). Our biological parents own no part of the earth so they have nothing to give but instead they are in a journey in the world (wilderness).
God wants all of us to live long in the Promised Land but not to live long on earth. God does not promise or give us the earth but He promises us heaven, where He is. When this command says, ‘that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you’, the land is heaven.
Heaven is the land which God will give us to inherit and live forever. 1 Pet 1:4: To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you. Rev 21:7: He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Being a son is being a child of a parent; God. Therefore, living, not even living but inheriting this land depends on honoring our father and our mother who is God.
Like the children of Israel, the disobedient generation was wiped out in the wilderness and neither reached the Promised Land. This is what happens today. Those who do not honor God, as their father and mother, are all wiped out in the world (wilderness); they neither see nor reach heaven.
Facts in the command:- Honor your father and your mother
- The command talks of honoring God who is our ultimate father and mother not our earthly biological father and mother
- Living long on the world (wilderness) depends on God not obeying our biological father and mother
- God did not create man to live long in the world (wilderness) and He even-numbered his/her days in the world
- God promised land (land which God gives) is heaven not the world
- God created man to live long in the heaven (garden of Eden) not in the wilderness (world)
- The only way to the land which God gives (heaven) is through honoring God not our biological parents.
Jesus stated it clearly;
John14:1-6: Let not your hearts be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said unto him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.
From today honor your father and your mother who is God and your days will be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you
All glory be to God, Amen!