What are the truths about Mary mother of Jesus?
Truths about Mary mother of Jesus
The 8 truths about Mary mother of Jesus are: –
- God chose Mary to fulfill His purpose for a set time. The focus was and is Jesus Christ not Mary
- She was and is not divine or one to be worshiped
- She was a sinner. It is a mistake to say that she had a sinless life. The only person directly mentioned in Scripture as having had a sinless life is Jesus alone (Hebrews 4:15). Otherwise, as Paul wrote, ‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God’ (Romans 3:23) and she still had the first sin (Adam’s sin).
- She was a virgin before the birth of Jesus. The virginity of Mary prior to the birth of Jesus is not debatable from Scripture. Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- She was not forever a virgin. She gave birth to other children apart from Jesus. Matthew 13:55 Is not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?.
- She had sex with Joseph after the birth of Jesus. The Bible explicitly states that Joseph did not have sex with Mary until after the birth of Jesus. Matthew 1:24,25 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
- The assumption is a false doctrine. The only three persons who ascended to heaven physically are; Enoch, Elijah and Jesus.
- She did not ascend to heaven to make intercession or be a mediator for us. That is the work of Jesus Christ alone. 1 Tm 2:5: For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Roman Catholic Church inappropriate Mary titles
The Roman Catholic Church has given Mary false titles. These are;
- Queen of Heaven: – totally inappropriate as it is the name of a false deity in opposition to God, mentioned in Jeremiah 7:18 and Jeremiah 44:17-25.
- Mother of God: – God existed before Mary including the Son. Jesus got his humanity from Mary, not His divinity, and the title ‘Mother of God’ is totally inaccurate for that reason.
Catholics continue to pray to Mary for salvation, to wear her scapular, as John Paul did from childhood to his death, which declares, ‘Whosoever dies wearing this scapular shall not suffer eternal fire’ (Mary’s promise).
To wear that in reliance upon such a promise would be an abomination to any true Christian. Yet it is worn by tens of millions of Catholics.
They continue to believe that ‘the merits and graces Christ won on the cross’ can be received only in small installments that can never fully save and come only through the sacraments of the Church by Mary’s agency, and they must therefore still offer good works and suffering for salvation.